40. Dating code 3038 signifies that the neck was among the parts being assembled during the 30th week (in August) of 1963. The "- H" inspection signature (initials) is Nate Daniel's son Howard.
41. A close-up of the shielding envelope's new masking tape antiqued with tan, water-base / water-proof, acrylic paint wash. Why? Well, ........why not !? I'm a details "freak".
43. Epoxy is set. Wax paper facing mold removed; Nice smoothe facing eliminates having to finish those surfaces after carving worn-out pot sleeve cleats back in.
44. Epoxy plugs are then drilled to pots center shaft diameter and new cleats formed by filing out the remaining meat of the pot sleeve shaft diameter with diamond hand files.
42. Volume knobs cleats refurbished. Volume knobs cleats that grasp the volume pot sleeve shaft, were worn and fit loose. To rebuild the cleats, white epoxy plugs were poured into the knob holes and faced with wax paper as smoothe & flush hole-cap molds. Knobs are marked Front & Rear on masking tape for pot matching alignment.X
45. Look Ma ...just like new. Well, after removing tape and cleaning up, anyway.......
46. If I might borrow a line from Mick Jagger at Altamont: "Oo-oo-oo-oo Babies............."
B. Hosang 1449 Images
Inspection and Work Progress
Page 6 --- Ongoing work, notes and suggestions: